Summary: Responsible for providing customer service, maintaining shelf appearance, and the overall appearance of the lumber yard by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for customer service.*
- Responsible for selling.*
- Responsible for understanding the features and benefits of the products offered and makes recommendations based on customer needs.*
- Responsible for processing invoices.*
- Loads merchandise onto carts or the customer vehicles.*
- Responsible for cutting merchandise as required.*
- Stocks merchandise.*
- Responsible for the maintenance of the lumber yard.*
- Responsible for sweeping, trash removal, and other maintenance as required.*
- Responsible for register transactions.*
- Follows opening and closing procedures of the registers when assigned.*
- Answers incoming calls for the department.*
- Responsible for training new associates once tenured.*
- Completes deliveries with the driver.
- Provides information on the out of stocks to the supervisors or purchasing.
- Acts as a parking lot attendant.
- Assists at the podium when necessary.
- Assists in construction and improvement projects for the store.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license
- Multi-tool that includes knife, plyers, screw driver, and various handy tools
- Tape measurer
- Table saw
- Radio arm
- Miter saw
- Crow bars and various hand tools
- Pallet jack
- Fork lift
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Customer service oriented
- Time management skills
- Ability to be friendly and outgoing
- Ability to be approachable
- Oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to be team driven
- Ability to be honest and loyal
If you want to join one of Miami's premier, fast growing, companies, please send an email with your resume to email@example.com. All responses will be held in confidence.
Shell Lumber & Hardware Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. and a drug free workplace.